The Bow Tie. The end product resembles an oversized bow tie, great for a formal picnic or a wedding reception. You will want a ribbon or a length of material to tie it off.
- Lay your napkin seam-side up and fold in thirds to the middle.
- Now fold each long end of the napkin in to the middle with one side slightly overlapping the other.
- Slide the ribbon underneath and cinch it at the center.
- Flip the napkin right-side-up and you have a bow tie.
The Envelope Fold. Start with the napkin seam-side up on the bias so it looks like a diamond.
- Fold the top and bottom corners towards the middle with a slight overlap.
- Do the same with one side corner, and rotate it so the square side is on the bottom.
- Now you have an envelope to tuck the place settings into. Cover the exposed mid-point with a flower, or place card, for a completely finished touch.
The Heart. Perfect for Valentine's Day, an Anniversary, or just because.
- Start with the napkin seam-side up. Fold it corner to corner to make a triangle.
- With the long side of the triangle on the bottom, fold each bottom corner up towards the top corner.
- Fold each of the two top corners about 1/3 of the way underneath themselves.
- Turn it over and fold the top corner back so it isn't visible behind the heart peaks.
- Flip back over.
Linens by didriks has a wide range of linen napkins to create impressive napkin folds for any event.