Pure linen sheets are a fantastic bedding choice. They are soft and super comfy. But did you know pure linen sheets are good for your health and the environment? As reported by THELISTLADY on HubPages, there are numerous benefits to choosing pure linen sheets. These days, cotton sheets are usually sprayed with pesticides, and the American market makes shopping for true linen products more difficult as the term “linen” is used generically for all fabrics. Here are eight benefits for choosing pure linen sheets as an investment to your health and the environment:
- Pure linen sheets have a light massaging effect due to the microscopic breaks within the fabric.
- It’s suppressive to live pathogenic bacteria, microflora, and fungi. It’s also not known to cause allergies.
- Linen stimulates blood flow and promotes relaxation.
- As linen is a breathable fabric, it keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Linen is absorbent; it’s great if you live in a humid place known for balmy summer nights.
- Linen fabric is stronger than cotton…
- Which means it can last up to 20 years!!! How’s that for an investment?
- Another reason to love pure linen fabric is for its eco-friendly properties. Linen is made from flax, which is used in a variety of other ways. Flax seeds can be pressed to make linseed oil, which is used in floor coverings like linoleum, as well as paint. Linen is a renewable resource, needs no irrigation and is fully biodegradable.
Photo credit: Belgian-linen.com.