We often are asked by new customers why would I buy linen bedding versus cotton? While many Americans seem to cling to their cotton sheets, those in the know understand that linen bedding is unparalleled in terms of quality and comfort. Europeans are well versed on the benefits of linen but we are just catching on here in the US.
Linen has a long list of benefits ranging from the comfort of 100% linen to the environmental benefits of creating cloth from flax.
- Linen’s unique properties keep it feeling cool to the touch in summer and warm in the winter
- Linen has wicking properties so you always feel dry and fresh
- Lasting durability with a beautiful aging patina. Like a pair of favorite jeans, linen actually gets better with every washing.
- Flax growing treads lightly on the land since it does not require irrigation and very little chemical treatment
- Every part of the plant is used during linen production so there is not waste
- Linen is bio-degradable and recyclable, making it an environmentally-friendly fabric choice
We encourage you to take the plunge and give line sheets a try. You will quickly see why our Linen by Didriks customers are fanatical about their linen sheets. Once people enjoy a bed made of 100% Belgian linen they make it clear that they won't sleep on anything else!