If you entertained this past weekend you may find yourself with some table linens that are in need of a little TLC. Holiday spirits, rich food and wax candles can all take their toll on your linen table cloths and napkins. No need to worry a few simple tricks and a bit of care and your linens will be looking like new.
Here are some suggestions for tending to some common table cloth stains from Libeco Home:
- Fruit, coffee, tea and chocolate: Rub with alcohol, white vinegar and ammonia.
- Candle wax: Scratch off dried wax, absorb residue with blotting paper and warm iron.
- Greasy Stains: Rub with ammonia.
- Red Wine: Rub immediately with sparkling water or white wine.
If stains do not disappear, you can try:
- Soaking the linen in a good washing detergent, or dissolving 3.5 oz. sodium borate in boiling water, then adding enough cold water to yield 1½ gallons, and let soak for 1 hour.
- Never use chlorine bleach which may damage the fibers.