One of the most intriguing styles of traditional home decor is the French country style. This remarkable style is noted for a variety of patterns and motifs. Here are five of the most recognizable elements:
- Simple Furnishings – If anything, French country style is defined by simple pieces of furniture. Use these pieces as the basis of the room and let the accompanying touches define the décor.
- Warm Colors – Rich earth tones with deep red accents define this décor. In particular, bold red checkered stripes are typical of any French country kitchen.
- Fresh Flowers – If you have the time, patience and resources, fresh cut flowers add a certain “Je ne sais quoi” to any room styled in a French country motif.
- Layered Fabrics – One of the most important aspects of French country style is having the appropriate window treatments, rugs and linens. Mix, match and layer, the combinations are endless.
- Textured Surfaces – In addition to different colors, a variety of texture is also indicative of the French country style. Be sure that your furniture coverings use a variety of fabrics including the most popular, linen.
If you’re looking for the essence of French Country style, consider the fabrics and items available from Linens by Didriks. They have a great selection that can complement any traditional home decor. Oh and one more thing -- don’t forget the roosters!