After months of bitter temperatures, inches upon inches of snow, and the hassle of bundling yourself up every time you step foot outside, there is a point during every winter that your mind finally transitions to the clean, fresh feeling of spring; setting off a yearning for when the temperatures make their gradual climb back up. There is no reason you cannot indulge your senses a little early and bring the airy feel of spring inside now. Use these hints to add spring to your home as the spring approaches:
- Change your dark winter curtains to a lighter material and perhaps something brighter in color.
- Alter your kitchen towels to patterns or designs that remind you of a warm picnic, combinations of white with red or blue are perfect for this.
- Consider replacing your bed linens with warmer tones.
- Substitute out some of your throw pillows and blankets, even rugs.
- Add flowers to your interior.
Give your interior decor a closer look. The winter months have a tendency to make people use rich, dark colors in their decorating, think about ways you can lighten the mood.
If you have the urge to make a change, but just don't quite know where to start, take a look at some of your favorite magazines. The pictures of beach houses and country homes, with their light, airy and open decor are great examples.