By Hairee Lee
The good old tomato, mozzarella, and basil salad. Always delicious, but kinda boring. So put it on a stick! Sometimes it's just a matter of putting your food on a stick. It's why I love kebabs, lollipops, marshmallows.
Caprese Skewers Serves 6
- Cherry Tomato
- Fresh Mozzarella balls (roughly the same size as the Cherry Tomatoes)
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Soak the skewers in water for an hour.
- Chop up the basil.
- Skewer tomato, mozzarella and piece of basil. Repeat.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Recipe adapted from yumsugar.
Photographs by Nate Brescia.