By Hairee Lee This salad looks so fresh and colorful, each cup makes a visually mouthwatering appetizers for any summer meal. Tomato and Bacon Salad in Bibb Lettuce Cups Serves 8
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded and chopped fine (about 2 cups)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 24 outer Bibb lettuce leaves (about 4 heads), washed and patted dry about 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil leaves plus basil sprigs for garnish
- In a bowl toss together tomatoes, bacon , onion, oil, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with shredded basil.
- Serve lettuce cups on a platter garnished with basil sprigs.
Recipe adapted from epicurious.com.