By Hairee Lee Pound Cake layered with Fresh Berry Reduction Serves 10-12
- 1 carton fresh strawberries
- 1 carton fresh blueberries
- 1 carton fresh blackberries
- 1 carton fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages of store bought pound cake
- Cut strawberries into quarters.
- Combine Fruit in large saucepan with sugar.
- Allow to roast over medium heat until caramelized and syrup forms.
- Layer Pound cake, alternately with the berry mixture in a cylindrical mold, until full.
- Press plastic wrap to the top of the mold and put a weight on top to compress the cake and allow juices to soak into the pound cake.
- Refrigerate and allow to soak overnight.
- Release mold onto cake stand and serve.
- Top with remaining berry reduction.
- Serve with a fresh dollop of whipped cream and mint sprig.