Teas, brewed from the Camellia sinensis plant, have multiple benefits, from eliminating toxic free radicals, to enhancing weight gain and mental acuity. Take those positive attributes, steep them in a gorgeous tea pot, and your body, mind and tableware will be better for it. Here is a quick tutorial on the five different types of teas, and their benefits.
- Green. EGCGs are flavonoids that help to fight cancer causing free radicals. Green teas are full of them. In addition to cancer prevention, green tea is thought to enhance weight loss, provide mental clarity and has been shown to slow the development of neurological diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- Black. Made from fermented tea leaves, black teas have the highest caffeine concentration. They seem to help protect lungs from cigarette smoke and reduce stroke risk.
- White. This is the least processed tea and the most effective at fighting cancer.
- Oolong. The antioxidants from oolong tea lowers bad cholesterol levels.
- Pu-erh tea. This is aged and fermented tea, made into cakes. It has been shown to lower LDL cholesterol and enhance weight loss.
Now it's time to get the kettle on, and collect the tableware that enhances the tea drinking ritual. Get out your Coupe Moonstone tea set, prepare the Convivio Tea Serving Set and drink to your health.